About the Survey
The survey* covers several topics, ranging from organizational and budgetary aspects, to techniques/ processes/ tools, through skills and competencies; we think it provides useful information for all the professionals involved in the testing market, as well as direction for the further evolution of the ISTQB scheme.
Some highlights of the survey are listed below:
- Budgets assigned to testing are large and keep on growing.
- Agile based SDLCs are being adopted ahead of traditional ones (Waterfall or V-Model).
- Segregation of duties has become a standard practice from an organizational point of view.
- Test tools are widely adopted.
- Test automation is a hot topic.
- Testing requires a wide range of skills and competencies.
- Important career paths are available for testers and test managers.
- The decision of “When to stop testing” is mainly based on requirements coverage.
- Use cases and exploratory testing are the most adopted test techniques in the business practices.
- Performance, usability and security tests are gaining traction.
- Several improvement opportunities are recognized
Click here to download the ISTQB Worldwide Software Testing Practices Report 2015-2016
By becoming an ISTQB Certified Tester, you will distinguish yourself as someone who knows how to apply those software testing techniques.
As as software test professional, you will be qualified to help project and technology managers make important decisions that balance quality, feature, schedule, and budget considerations.
As a software test professional, you will be able to detect defects that others miss, and save your employers and customers from costly and embarrassing field failures.
*The survey was designed by the ISTQB® Marketing Working Group and endorsed by ISTQB® Member boards, accredited training providers and exam providers, collecting more than 3,200 responses from 89 countries.