Test Cases Design for LuxairTours
LuxairTours is the major tour operator in Luxembourg. Luxair Tours offers holiday packages to mainly Mediterranean countries and also weekends in European cities. BTN4U is the online booking platform of BTN (Belgian Travel Network) which is a network of more than 1300 travel agencies and tour operators in Belgium and neighboring countries.
In order to facilitate the Sales’ work, LuxairTours decided to improve their version of this online booking platform by including new functionalities considered as essential by the Sales team. The customer asked us to provide test cases – detailed step-by-step instructions that allow them to validate how the functionality works from an end-user perspective.
Test case design
The complexity and the multitude of possible parameters of the software to be tested has naturally led us to use the tree method classification as part of the design of our test cases. The classification tree method enables you to separate the input data characteristics of the tested system into different classes reflecting the relevant test scenarios. The combination of the classes obtained, thus, makes it possible to define the test cases.
- Analysing a very complex tool like BTN4U with a lot of information and possibilities on each screen/section.
- Finding the best way to design test cases as exhaustively as possible without having test cases too complex and which can be deployed in the time allowed.
- Understand and analysing user’s expectations
- Classification Tree Method (CTM) Implementation: the main idea behind the classification tree method is to separate the input data characteristics of the tested system into different classes reflecting the relevant test scenarios. The combination of the classes obtained, thus, makes it possible to define the test cases. We then have 2 phases in the design of test cases which are:
- Identification of the relevant factors implicating the determination and structuring of the test scenarios and their interrelation with other parts of the tested system.
- The combination of relevant factors to determine the test cases required to obtain the desired test coverage.
- Advise, guide and coach Sales in efficiently and effectively executing test sessions
- Help Sales to correctly document the issues found during test sessions
- “Train” the Sales team in order to improve their skills in testing activities
Technologies & methodologies used
- Reducing risk by testing the most important changes and functionalities from an end User point of view.
- Ensuring the quality of the delivered product.
- Providing Test cases that are reusable and easily adapted for further version regression testing.
- Providing a solution for a better understanding of the system under test and limiting possible omission.
Test Cases report methodology delivered
Days of project duration
Test Analyst dedicated for this project
Test Cases executed